Which type of billets/latigos does your saddle have?
There are 3 types of English Shoulder Relief Girths: Traditional, StretchTec and Synthetic. They all provide the following:
- Shoulder freedom from the saddle via the girth redirecting the billet line.
- Elbow clearance from the girth cutaways.
- 30 day 110% money back promise.
Here’s how they’re unique:
Synthetic Shoulder Relief Girth (Buy Here) – This is a great girth for a horse that doesn’t tolerate leather/fleece well. It is very weather resistant and can simply be wiped off after a muddy ride (anti-microbial). And it is the most affordable of the Shoulder Relief Girths for the budget-minded rider.
StretchTec Shoulder Relief Girth (Buy Here) – This is our top of the line English girth. It contours to your horse’s sternum shape and allows for proportional give while breathing (thanks to the triangular elastic center). It also has removable liners if you like different materials touching your horse for different instances, allowing one girth to have many options.
The Shoulder Relief Cinch (Buy Here) is available with 3 liner materials (all of which are removable and interchangeable):
- 100% Wool Fleece (Black or White)
- Wool Felt
Regardless of the liner, the cinch is equally as effective at keeping the saddle tree off the shoulder and giving extra elbow clearance. The reasons to select each material type are as follows:
- Neoprene – Great for damp or muddy environments, as it is very easy to keep clean and repels moisture.
- Wool Fleece – Great for sensitive skin horses. It also has the wonderful wool benefits of moisture wicking and heat dispersion.
- Wool Felt – Great all around liner. It has the moisture wicking and heat dispersion qualities of wool while being easier to keep clean than a fleece liner.